Wednesday, June 29, 2011

sumac kale chips

I've posted about kale chips before > here. I really love them, when else are you going to eat a whole bunch of kale in one sitting? The curly kale in our garden is growing like crazy and when I was there watering today after a visit to the swings with Hannah, I cut a good big bunch.

I wanted to make kale chips with nutritional yeast, but we didn't have any, so I made up my favourite combination so far.

Sumac Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ground sumac
sea salt

Preheat oven to 350ยช. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Tear the kale into bite sized pieces (remove the stalk), wash and thoroughly dry kale in a salad spinner. In a large bowl add the kale and toss with olive oil, sumac and sea salt (be generous with the salt)to coat well. Spread in a single layer on cookie sheet, Bake for 5 minutes and turn over, bake for another 4-6 minutes, watch carefully and don't let them burn. Remove from oven when they are crisp and move them to a drying rack until they are cool.


No comments: