Thursday, July 28, 2011

waste not.















This month's National Geographic has an interesting article about food waste, I read it on the flight home from LA a few weeks ago. It opened my eyes to how I purchase food for home, I pay more attention to quantity, especially with fruit and veg and anything that will spoil quickly.

From in.gredients (I love what they're posting - great stuff):
According to National Geographic, by 2045 the population will likely have grown from 7 billion to 9 billion people. With climate change, limited arable land, and water, how do we plan on feeding our growing planet? The article emphasizes the importance of diet adjustments and a need for research. Julian Cribb, author of The Coming Famine, says higher yielding crop varieties and more efficient farming methods will be crucial. So will waste reduction.

No comments: