Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Green and Yellows

I'm so busy at work these days that by the time I even start to think about lunch its 4 pm and I'm getting ready to head home. I stopped at the Farm Market on my way home and got a bounty of local fruits and veggies.
We had a tasty veggie dinner tonight with two of my favourite and most easy recipes ever.











Garlic, Basil and Sea Salt Green Beans
This recipe is from a girl I worked with years ago, it's above and beyond my most favourite way to eat beans. Thanks Lorin! We have this at least three nights a week in the summer!
4 cups green beans, cleaned and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
fleur de sel

Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil, add beans and cook for 2-4 minutes until al dente. Drain and in a large bowl toss with basil, garlic, olive oil and salt.
Eat - eat it all!!


















Corn with Lime and Cojita Cheese
4 cobs of corn, cleaned and removed of husks
1/2 cup of grated cojita or romano cheese
1 lime
olive oil
salt and pepper

You can either grill the corn until golden on a bbq or boil for 5 minutes. Once your corn is cooked, drizzle with a little olive oil, squeeze lime over the corn and then sprinkle with cheese and salt and pepper. So tasty!!

No comments: