Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kohlrabi and Carrot Salad

















After coming off the cleanse I've been really struggling with food. All I want are steamed veggies and juice, but I keep straying from that and ending up with a sore tummy. I'm going to go back to having juice for one meal a day. Kohlrabi is in season and this is a salad I've been eating all week!

Kohlrabi and Carrot Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 kohlrabi, peeled and chopped into 1" pieces (about 4 cups)
4 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1" pieces (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped

Lemon Vinaigrette
1/4 cup olive oil 
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
1 shallot minced
juice from 2 lemons
zest from one lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Steam the kohlrabi and carrots until they are fork tender (about 4-5 minutes). Immerse in cold water and drain well.
In a blender combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and blend well.
Toss the kohlrabi, carrots, parsley and enough vinaigrette to coat.

Enjoy!

No comments: