Tuesday, May 31, 2011

tasty dip. dinner out.

 















Went to Latitude tonight with friends for dinner. I've been before and liked it, tonight - the company was fantastic, the food was good and the service was neither.

For lunch I whipped up an easy dip for Hannah and I, she went nutty for it, I really liked it and Matt had a bunch when he got home.

Broad Bean Dip with Almonds and Mint
1 19oz can of broad beans, rinsed and outer shell on beans removed (you can skip removing the shells, I prefer the consistency when they are removed)
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/8 cup olive oil
juice and zest of a lemon
1 clove of garlic
few dashes of hot sauce or fresh chili
salt and pepper to taste

Throw everything in to the food processor and combine. If its a little too thick, add more olive oil. Top with chopped almonds, chopped mint and a little sea salt to garnish. 

No comments: