Wednesday, August 10, 2011

long days and green beans and paneer.

I'm in the midst of busy full-time work - I'm a sales rep for a big surf clothing company and I'm showing Spring 12 all week. Appointments at nine, noon and three with at least 3 accounts at a time. It would run smoothly if people were on time, but most accounts run late to very late - I ended up doing three extra presentations today and I am bagged! While work is this hectic, I'm staying at my parent's house and they are looking after my little Hannah. We're so lucky that Hannah is with my parents, when I come home from work she's happy as can be, well fed and well rested - it's lovely.

Last night I noticed a recipe on the side of the fridge that my mom had clipped and I picked up the ingredients on my way home. It was so delicious that I didn't even have a chance to take a photo before we ate it!

Green Beans and Paneer in Fresh Tomato Sauce
This is a recipe from the Vancouver Sun by Bal Arneson, I've made a couple of changes

1tbsp grapeseed oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds (I used red)
1 tbsp garam masala
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 pound of green beans, trimmed
1/2 pound paneer cheese cubed and pan-fried
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and mustard seeds and cook for 15 seconds. Add the garam masala, salt and pepper and cook for five seconds.
Add the tomatoes, green onions, green beans and cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender, about 7-10 minutes. Add a few tbsp of water if the pan seems dry (mine did!). Add the paneer and cook for 2 minutes before serving. Serves 4.

No comments: