Wednesday, November 9, 2011

work work work and no sleep

Every few months my work is really busy, really really busy. I'm in the middle of one of those times right now. At the office all day, then home to Hannah, get her fed, Matt does bedtime and then I work at the kitchen table until I crash into bed hours later. I'm pretty used to it, I've been doing this for almost five years now. BUT, I've only done this once before with Hannah, and certainly never done this with sick Hannah. We've had some rough nights this week. Monday we were all up from 1:45 am until 6:03 am - Hannah had a high fever and was just so out of sorts and upset. It's only Wednesday and this week feels years long.

I've never had to leave Hannah when she's really sick, it was the pits on Tuesday to leave her still asleep in her bed when I left for work, not knowing if her fever had broken. We're so lucky to have a nanny that we're so happy with. She sends us sweet texts all through the day with updates, checks in with us in the evening to see how our little patient is doing. Still, not being home with my sick little girl just plain sucks.

Here's hoping she's all better soon. 

Also - thanks so much for reading! I was so excited to hit 23,000 views today!

No comments: