Sunday, February 5, 2012

a perfect weekend and a tasty dip.

The past month has been really busy with my work and I ended up working way more than normal. I missed my Hannah more than I realized. I had Thursday and Friday off last week and my only goal on those two days off was to enjoy every minute with Hannah.

We hit up Toddler Time at the Terry Salman Library on Thursday morning. Singing songs, reading books and lots of Hannah yelling "whoa mama, whoa" while pointing at everything. Athlete's Village on Friday morning, playgym at Creekside Community Centre, an afternoon park visit with Hannah's cousins. Weekend of friends and walks and tasty treats. I'm grateful for my little family and my amazing friends.

I wanted to use my preserved lemons in hummus and here's what I came up with. It was tasty and fresh with little pieces of preserved lemon throughout.




















Roasted Red Pepper and Preserved Lemon Hummus
29 oz tin of chick peas, rinsed (BPA free tin!) 
1 roasted red pepper (I use the ones you can buy in a bottle, rinse it well)
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1/8 of a cup olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
1 clove garlic
juice of a lemon
salt and pepper
1/2 a preserved lemon, pulp removed, rinsed and finely chopped

In a food processor, pulse the chick peas, red pepper, yogurt, olive oil, tahini, garlic and lemon juice. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times to get everything to incorporate well. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add preserved lemon and pulse only to incorporate, do not over mix or the little chunks of lemon will be lost.

Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with sumac if you have it.

No comments: