Thursday, June 9, 2011

home.

It was a short vacation, but a great one.
We took a ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure bay on Vancouver Island, drove through Coombs and saw goats on the roof, all around Tofino and we drove to Ucluelet for an afternoon trip. Above and beyond all that, we spent almost all of our time on the beach, in the sun - and it was perfect.

Tofino, like Saturna leaves me wondering what I'm doing with my life. I live in a province that is so beautiful and there is access to so much activity. I watched wistfully at the beautiful Tofino girls riding their bikes with surfboards strapped to the side of their bikes, I watched guys biking to outlooks to see the surf and then rushing back to get their boards and I was jealous. But then as we drove back in to Vancouver over the Second Narrows bridge and was able to look west over the ocean with the setting sun, then getting back to our cozy and lovely home, I'm just happy that we're lucky enough to have vacations that make me wistful, we're really blessed to live the life we do.

Also - I ate the best damn cookie of my life. I do not have a sweet tooth, but this cookie was amazing. Tacofino makes a cookie called the Diablo cookie, its spicy, chocolaty, sweet and salty - heaven. I was trying to figure out the recipe and then I googled it and  the recipe is online! I might have shrieked a little.

Here's a few photos from the trip. 



































1. Watching the ocean
2. Hannah and her bucket
3 On the ferry
4. View from our kitchen, amazing place to stay!

1 comment:

sarah said...

This makes me want to go back so bad!!!