Sunday, June 5, 2011

la vacance

Relaxed sunny weekend with a picnic and a birthday party, evening walks with a chatty Hannah followed by late night packing and organizing. 

We're off to Tofino tomorrow for four days and I can't wait to get out of town. A few things that I'm excited for (other than Hannah in the sand, me in the sand, hot tub on the beach, big walks on Long Beach . . . ) are:
• Days off with Matt and Hannah at one of the most beautiful places on earth. 
• A sunny sail on BC Ferries
• The Old Country Market in Coombs, they have the most amazing foods, imported home stuff and goats on the roof.
Tacofino , primarily the tortilla soup and the tunatataco.

I've been feeling like I need a little recharge trip, life has been busy and I feel like I've been drifting through days and days have been drifting past me. I'm not sure if its that I know that my year of maternity leave is almost up, if the dreariest spring on record has given me a case of seasonal affective disorder or if I just really need a vacation with my family, a good book and my toes in the sand. I'm pretty sure it's the latter that I'm craving.

Have a great week!
k



No comments: